Breast Loss Due to Illness
I was accidentally carbon monoxide poisoned at work. By the time the doctors figured out what was causing my illness I weighed 88 lbs. I'm 5'8". The top part of my stomach was used to make a new esophagus for me as mine had basically stopped functioning.
I had a very nice figure before my illness. I wore a 34C bra. My breasts were the first to go when I got sick. The doctors told me they would come back in time. My surgery was October 1999. I have skin that hangs. I have the breasts of an 80-year-old and I am now 39. I've tried the pills and creams. They swell my breast slightly but I still don't fill an A cup. I did not sue the company I worked for. I should have, but time has run out. I don't have the money for implants and really don't want to take pills that don't work for the rest of my life.
My husband says it bothers me more than him. But he has not touched my so-called breasts since 1999. I have to pad my bra just to get my clothes to look right. And I haven't worn a swimsuit since my illness. I do work at a modeling agency. I don't get a lot of good-paying jobs and I know it's because my breasts are gone. I don't even take my shirt off in front of my husband anymore as I am ashamed of my body now. Do you have any suggestions?
I would recommend that you get some form of counseling to help you work through your grief. Look for someone who specializes in issues around loss. Or pick up a copy of Life Is Goodbye, Life Is Hello: Grieving Well Through All Kinds of Loss. This book covers all types of loss, not just death, and will help guide you through your process.