- Nipple Shields - Nipple shields are worn to hold your bra away from your skin. This provides space for increased air circulation around the nipple, helping to heal cracking nipples and soreness.
- Nursing Lanolin - Nursing lanolin is used on cracked and sore nipples. Purchase pure medical-grade lanolin that doesn't need to be washed off before feedings.
- Breast Pads - Breastfeeding mother's breasts leak. Disposable breast pads are convenient, especially while you're out and about, but reusable, machine-washable cotton and wool ones are more absorbent and more economical. And they are better for the environment.
- Nursing Stools - A nursing stool is used to prop up your feet and helps to prevent mid- and lower-back pain during the breastfeeding. Look around you house to see if you have something suitable before buying.
- Pillows - There are many special pillows designed specifically to prop a newborn up to just the right height.
- Shawls - A shawl serves double duty: it gives privacy to mom and tunes out the world for baby, providing a little cozy, quiet spot for breastfeeding. A baby blanket can serve the same purpose.
Advertiser Links for